2014's Top 3 Inspirational YouTube Videos - So Far

James Preston Reply 8:10 AM
YouTube is an epitome of the internet's power. Loaded on its servers are millions and millions of hours of material that has the power to educate, inspire, motivate and entertain like never before. At the touch of a button, you can search what you want and 90% of the time find it.

You can get an entire University Education through YouTube alone.

You can learn how to build your own solar powered car.

You can watch just about anything.

One of the greatest gifts of YouTube is the motivational material. In this Information Age, the desire for motivational and inspirational is at an all time high. I think this is primarily due to its convenient availability. Before the internet, and specifically YouTube, we got our motivation from books and their subsequent live events. Now, you don't have to read these great author's books, you can just watch their videos.

Although having said that... I was introduced to Robin Sharma through his AudioBooks before YouTube. But Simon Sinek, Seth Godin, Tony Robbins and so many more have all inspired me via YouTube first.

So if you're anything like me and appreciate some inspiration from some of the world's great thinkers, then I am going to release my Top 3 Inspirational Videos on YouTube every Quarter. Starting right now!

We are already half way through the year, so we're starting at the end of 2014's second Quarter.

These 3 videos below are guaranteed to inspire you. I use www.clipconverter.cc convert them to Mp3, add them to my iPod and listen to them while driving.

May these messages inspire you as much, if not more, as they did me!

The Top 3 Inspirational Videos on YouTube - 2014 Q2

1. Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Speech
You know the quote "Your time is limited, don't waste it living someone else's life."? Well, it comes from this video.
Many people have heard about this one, as I had. But I had never actually heard or watched this speech. I found this video through Scott Dinsmore's (of Live Your Legend) weekly Newsletter. It really is 15 minutes of pure inspiration.



2. What's Wrong With The "F" Word - Mel Robbins
I wouldn't be surprised if you've never heard of Mel Robbins before. Maybe you have. But I hadn't. A friend of mine introduced me to this video. Wow. She is a gifted communicator, and she provides a powerful message. A short message with enough punch to motivate you to go for it and go after your dreams. One of the best videos out there for those needing a push to get out of their comfort zones and into the unknown waters of their dreams.



3. Start With Why - Simon Sinek at USI (France)
My good friend Andrew Bloch told me about Simon Sinek after hearing me preaching on very similar material. Andrew knew this was a kindred spirit. Oh my gosh! That's the great thing about the internet, you can find people that resonate with you and your beliefs like never before. It's glorious.

The thing is, I spent quite a bit of time going through Simon's videos to get the most effective message. And I think I found it! This is one of the clearest talks of his that outlines his "Start With Why" message. If you don't know why you do what you do, you'll never have the impact you were born to have on the world. Start With Why. Enjoy this one!



These 3 videos have had the most impact and inspiration on me over the last few months. I am always looking for good motivational material for the iPod, so I'll have the next Top 3 in October. And the Top 5 of the year in December.

What are some of your favourite YouTube videos?
Who are you favourite speakers/thinkers?


Post a Comment

Spiritual Blog of 2013!

Spiritual Blog of 2013!

Welcome to JamesPreston.org

Weekly Email Inspiration:

Enter Your Email for powerful inspiration:

FOLLOW JAMES:

James Interviews Mike Stopforth about Entrepreneurship:

James' Top Ten Movies:

James' Popular Blog Posts:

Search

James on Google Plus: