Free eBooklet on the End Times!

James Preston Reply 7:27 AM
Ok ok! I'm sorry! More End Time stuff. If you're not into it, don't unsubscribe or unfollow. Simply ignore. It'll be over soon.

It'll be over soon because I am very excited to actually officially announce that I will be releasing my first official book soon! This was never meant to be a book, it was meant to be a short magazine article. But the more I wrote, the more I realised it wouldn't fit a magazine article. So, while my first book (yes that's on the cards too) is set to come next year some time, this has turned into my first book. It's more of a booklet than a book, but it sure is long enough to be called a book.

So obviously, this Booklet is consuming quite a bit of my spare time that it only makes sense to share what I have written with you here. Rather than try come up with brand new material each week.

Today's post comes from my Introduction to the booklet. I felt like the booklet needed an introduction. Before this, I just jumped straight into the study. But realised it needed a bit of context.

I hope this introduction inspires you a touch to be the worldchanger God created you to be. And also whets your appetite for the free booklet which hopefully will be available within the next 2 weeks or so!

What you have here is my initial title for the Booklet. Please give me your thoughts. Is it a bit too heavy-handed? What do you think?

Anyways, enjoy...

DISMANTLING THE END-TIMES OBSESSION
INTRODUCTION

This entire booklet is an introduction, really. An introduction to the various views on the End Times. Most people I know don’t have much of a view on the End Times. But there is that select few that are so vigorously passionate about it that every news headline is another piece in the puzzle of the consummation of the ages. You know who I’m talking about.

This booklet probably isn’t for those people. Although I wish it were. The reality is, such people would shrug this book off as radical left-wing liberalism.

This book is for those of you who don’t quite know where you stand on the End Times. And hopefully open your mind to alternative perspectives to what Western Christianity has been exposed to for so many years.

You see, the reason the dispensationalist “rapture theory” has become so popular in the Western Church is because very few theologians have been passionate enough about the End Times to propose an alternative. And the reason for that is well-studied theologians are so aware that the End Times is so subjective that preaching it with such strong opinion is probably too irresponsible. And yet, by keeping quiet, they have allowed the “rapture theory” to consume the church and become the norm of her End Time beliefs.

The fact of the matter is the “rapture theory”, or dispensational premillennialism, is only one of four theories on the End Times which all hold equal Scriptural, and early church theological, support.

I have written this book to help open your mind, and introduce you to the alternatives. I am not a theologian. I am a minister of the Gospel who has been studying and preaching the Scripture since 2002 with desperate passion, hungry only to see the power of God’s Gospel impact the world like He said it would.

So I don’t sit here today claiming to be an expert. I am not. I readily put it to you that I don’t know what will happen tomorrow. next week, next year, or the next decade. I am happy and secure to tell you that I don’t know whether all the Christians will get raptured before a devastating time of tribulation for planet Earth.

I don’t know whether World War 3 will break out, or whether society will descend into chaos as the result of disease epidemics or financial crisis. I really cannot say what will or won’t happen in the future.

What I can say is that I am hopeful. Very hopeful.

I believe in a God who is bigger than the world’s problems. And more secure than any of us could ever imagine. And this God stepped deep into the bowels of broken humanity to fix her up and make her better.

I believe in a God who redeemed us so greatly and so majestically that what we are capable of would make most of us shake our heads in disbelief.

I believe we are more powerful than we think we are. I believe in the power of Love. Unconditional Love. It is the most powerful force in the Universe. And when applied appropriately, can literally turn things upside down.

I believe in that. Turning things upside down.

I believe we can turn things upside down. I believe we can turn things around. I believe the world doesn’t have to descend into chaos. Not if we have something to say about it. And we must.

God is waiting for us to make our moves. He has been waiting ever since He said through His son that we are the salt of the Earth and the light of the world, here to make things better.

After the Cross, you would’ve expected Jesus to start the overturning of the kingdoms. The disciples most certainly did. That’s why they asked Him if He was about to restore the kingdom to Israel in Acts 1:6. Instead, Jesus brushed the question aside, and gave them a promise that He was going to pour out His Spirit on them in order to be the salt and light He always destined them to be. And then He left them. For 2014+ years.

That’s what I believe.

So no, I don’t know what will happen tomorrow. But I do know what I have been given today.

-----------------------------

That's it for now! The introduction has quite a bit more, but without the rest of the Booklet it won't make much sense here. For now, please give me your CONSTRUCTIVE thoughts and criticism in the comments below!


Enter your Email address for Free Inspiration every Week:


Join the journey on Twitter by clicking Follow below:

Post a Comment

Spiritual Blog of 2013!

Spiritual Blog of 2013!

Welcome to JamesPreston.org

Weekly Email Inspiration:

Enter Your Email for powerful inspiration:

FOLLOW JAMES:

James Interviews Mike Stopforth about Entrepreneurship:

James' Top Ten Movies:

James' Popular Blog Posts:

Search

James on Google Plus: