Bismarck Du Plessis Yellow Card Meme

James Preston Reply 10:29 PM

I know this is a little off topic for this Blog, but this "Meme" I created for Facebook has been gaining popularity so I thought I'd share it here.

I hope all you awesome email subscribers don't mind me indulging myself a little! ;)

If you follow me on Twitter, you will know that I am a passionate sport fan. And this weekend the Springboks played arguably their biggest game since the Rugby World Cup 2011, and until 2015.

But despite the importance of this weekend's game, referee Romain Poite was not up to the task and shockingly gave Bismarck Du Plessis two highly debatable yellow cards, meaning the Springboks had the impossible task of playing against the world's number one rugby team at their fortress home ground for 40 minutes. The sporting world are all in agreement that those two terrible decisions ruined the greatest rugby contest of the year, reducing it to a formality of going through the motions until the 80 minutes were up.

In my passionate despair, I was trawling the internet for news on the incident. In my searching, I found a picture of the moment referee Romain Poite dished out one of his two yellow cards to player of the day Bismarck Du Plessis. In light of everything that had transpired, I couldn't help but imagine in my mind what the referee could've said to Bismarck. Especially considering he would've known full well what expelling South Africa's top player would have meant.

So in that moment, I decided to create my very first "Meme".

I've always wanted to create a Meme, but between being extremely active on Social Medial, Blogging, running a business, pastoring a church and loving my family, there wasn't much point. Until this moment.

I think this one works quite nicely. And if you understand the context, it's pretty humorous. If you don't understand the context, it means nothing to you. In which case, I do apologise. Skip this Blog until next week. ;)

If you like it, then please share it using the Social Media buttons at the bottom of this Blog Post.
Much appreciated everyone.

And if you're visiting my Blog for the first time, be sure to subscribe on the right or at the top for FREE weekly inspiration to equip you as a worldchanger!

What about YOU? Are you a rugby fan? What did you think of the debacle? What are you hoping comes out of this controversy?


Post a Comment

Spiritual Blog of 2013!

Spiritual Blog of 2013!

Welcome to JamesPreston.org

Weekly Email Inspiration:

Enter Your Email for powerful inspiration:

FOLLOW JAMES:

James Interviews Mike Stopforth about Entrepreneurship:

James' Top Ten Movies:

James' Popular Blog Posts:

Search

James on Google Plus: