Another Addition to the Grace Revolution

James Preston Reply 12:13 PM
Well, as usual, a lot has happened since my last blog post.  Most notably, I published my first book!  Now, before you go to Amazon and start searching for "James Preston" by author, I didn't write the book.  I just published it.  And I'm really excited about it!  For a number of reasons.

Primarily because this book is going to impact countless people all over the world in search for something more in their walk with God.  It is a significant tool in this Grace Revolution God is releasing in these days.


Written by my friend and senior pastor Steve Wheeler, it is a book that documents the journey of our church from preaching a mixture of legalism and Grace into preaching the Gospel in its concentrated form!  After all, the Gospel is the Power of God!

I don't know about you, but more and more I am hearing of people all over the world who are discovering this "Message of Grace".  (I quote that because really it is best referred to as simply "The Gospel" - but the word Gospel has become synonymous with simply evangelism or a form of music.  It is so much more than that!  So, in order to categorise what we are talking about, often the terms Grace Message or Gospel of Grace are used.)

Back to my point there...  all over the world people are "discovering" this Grace Message more and more.  I keep hearing about it.  And the reaction is always the same...  It is either "why have I never seen this before?"  Or it is "I am not so sure about this Grace Message."  The fact is, people are hearing this Message of the Good News of God's Grace and it is setting them free in their walk with God!  It is awesome!

And this book about our church's journey is going to be such a helpful tool in the hands of so many of these people.  That's the main reason why I am so excited.

On top of all that, it has been written extremely well, as well as being laid out and divided up perfectly for systematic reading.  And the presentation of the book is about as professional as you can get.  If I do say so myself. :-)

The book is written from Steve's perspective as the senior leader who had a supernatural revelation of the Grace of God.  In the wake of that revelation, he faced a difficult task...  Admit to being wrong for so many years, apologise for preaching a legalistic righteousness, and trust God that the congregation would also come into this revelation as he began expounding it.  The book takes the reader through a very entertaining journey of how approached all of that, all while pointing out why the Message of God's Grace makes so much sense Scripturally and why it is the vital centre-piece of the Gospel.

No matter who you are, whether you have been on this journey for a number of years now, or if you are just coming into this understanding, then I really can recommend the book.  (Excuse me for all the promotion, but I wouldn't publish and get involved in a book I didn't deeply believe in!  Plus, I really do believe this will impact your life!)  You can find out more about the book, read endorsements, download the book's Intro, and buy the book online at the website:  www.highwaytograce.com

Now, one of the other reasons (if you remember my opening lines of this post) for my excitement about the publishing of this book, is that it is the first of many!  Now, I want to be careful here, because I don't want to get into too much detail on a public forum and get carried away with myself; but I really do feel like my excitement is worth sharing.

For those hungry for more of the Kingdom and Presence of God, and those who understand the Message of God's Grace, Christian bookshops aren't often the place to stock up on inspirational material unfortunately.  (Of course there are a few good books and CDs available, just not enough!)  And God has given me a vision and a deep desire to see a myriad of Grace-based and Kingdom building materials available to as many Southern Africans as possible, for as cost-effective as possible, but as professional as possible.  And Steve's outstanding book "Highway to Grace" is all that.  Truly the first of many.

So, watch this space!  And remember the name "King's Domain".  Just saying.

Until then, and the next blog, may you be filled more and more with the Wonder of God's Grace and Love!  And remember who you are as His child.

As always, comments, input and dialogue are always appreciated.

Post a Comment

Spiritual Blog of 2013!

Spiritual Blog of 2013!

Welcome to JamesPreston.org

Weekly Email Inspiration:

Enter Your Email for powerful inspiration:

FOLLOW JAMES:

James Interviews Mike Stopforth about Entrepreneurship:

James' Top Ten Movies:

James' Popular Blog Posts:

Search

James on Google Plus: