Why The Future Is Bright - with Peter Diamandis

James Preston Reply 4:34 PM
I get embarrassed by Christians sometimes. A lot of times actually. That's why I stay away from Christian Radio and Christian TV...

...and Christian magazines...

...you get the picture.

There is just something about the religious DNA that gets activated when someone becomes a Christian. Or is raised a Christian. Whatever. And it scares me.

This religious masquerade in the name of Jesus put on by so many Christians gives the real Jesus a bad name. We all know what Mahatma Ghandi said.

Anyways, that introduction was to prepare you for this...

For those that don't know... I'm quite a philosopher. I am thinking all the time about the world and how to make it better. Through the filter of my understanding Scripture, the Bible, the life and work of Jesus, history, etc. Through that filter I observe what is going on around us, and like to think what is possible in our future. And I am convinced it is a bright, bright future.

My philosophic mind takes me to some strange corners of the internet. Like Jason Silva's page. Ever heard of Jason Silva? Oh my gosh. The man is on to something.

Yes, now, as a Christian I most certainly wouldn't recommend him for your daily input of media. But there is stuff he is saying in his observance of the world around that is worth taking note of.

I found Jason's YouTube page through this video I found below. A talk by Peter Diamandis. You might not have heard of him. He's the founder of the X-Prize. Still nothing? That's all I got for now.

He's just released a new book called "Abundance", which is about the future, and how bright it is!

What have I been harping on about for the last 2 months?? That the world is NOT to fear catastrophe and that the future is bright!! So you can imagine this rang my bell.

Peter believes that technology has the power to unlock some of the most difficult challenges we face here on planet Earth. And he presents a hardcore case. And I love it.

So, that's the Blog for the day. These thoughts, and this video. Use it don't use it.

But either way, I recommend you watch the video, and be inspired! It's on my iPod and I am loving it!


For those reading in Email, CLICK HERE for the YouTube Link.

Please drop a comment in the comments below. Email back. Tweet me up. Or subscribe. I love hearing from you people.

Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment

Spiritual Blog of 2013!

Spiritual Blog of 2013!

Welcome to JamesPreston.org

Weekly Email Inspiration:

Enter Your Email for powerful inspiration:

FOLLOW JAMES:

James Interviews Mike Stopforth about Entrepreneurship:

James' Top Ten Movies:

James' Popular Blog Posts:

Search

James on Google Plus: