9 Ways To Follow Your Dreams - SUMMARY

James Preston Reply 2:46 PM
The last few weeks have been pretty manically crazy for me. Just one of those seasons, I guess. But! In my endeavour to bring an inspirational Blog every week, here's a little something for this week!

It's just a basic summary of what I preached this last Sunday night at Highway Christian Community entitled "HOW To Follow Your Dreams". The emphasis on HOW. I took the examples of dreams I have pursued in my life thus far, and how I reached them. The sermon should be up online by next week some time.

I hope to give you a more detailed encouragement of how you can pursue your dreams next week, in conjunction with the sermon. Until then, here's some points to get your juices flowing. And hopefully see you start to identify where to start in pursuit of the things in your heart!

Firstly, you need to understand that there are 5 phases to dreaming...

THE FIVES PHASES OF DREAMING: 
1. The idea/dream 
2. Putting the groundwork in to see it happen 
3. The fruition of the work (the event itself – keep focussed if this is a job!) 
4. The looking back in satisfaction 
5. The platform for the next dream 

When you understand what phase you are in, it will help you know where to focus your energy.

Now, the 9 Ways to follow your dreams. (My sermon was actually 10, but I've summarised the 9th point from 2 into 1)...

9 POINTS OF ADVICE COMING FROM MY EXPERIENCE OF GOING AFTER MY DREAMS: 

1. Get the idea 

2. Go to God and ask Him – place it in His hands 
Proverbs 16:3
Commit your works to the Lord, And your thoughts will be established.

3. Take the first step

4. Do everything you possibly can within reason

5. Do your best

6. Make use of your connections – relationships are key

7. Never give up – even until last minute

8. Know WHEN: 
- to park it
- to resurrect it
- to change tracks

9. Keep dreaming

That's it for this week! And I look forward to expanding on this next week!

Have yourself a blessed weekend and keep your eyes on the prize of a changed world.

Post a Comment

Spiritual Blog of 2013!

Spiritual Blog of 2013!

Welcome to JamesPreston.org

Weekly Email Inspiration:

Enter Your Email for powerful inspiration:

FOLLOW JAMES:

James Interviews Mike Stopforth about Entrepreneurship:

James' Top Ten Movies:

James' Popular Blog Posts:

Search

James on Google Plus: