The Joy of CHRISTmas

James Preston 1 11:47 AM
I wrote this to my friends at Highway Christian Community, and thought I'd share it here.  It is the Truth about Christmas.  Enjoy!

One that stuns me every time.  But so simple.  Jesus, Almighty God, left the Glory of Heaven to take on the form of His rebellious creation, mankind.  Was born into the worst possible circumstances of all His creation, straw poverty; a manger in a barn.  Can you imagine Prince William leaving everything of his royalty, and moving to the slummiest of slums in India?  With nothing?  And this is nothing compared to the Glory Jesus traded for Earth.  And He did it all for you and I.  He did it to reconcile us to God.  (2 Cor. 5:19)  Now, a manger is what is used to feed animals.  Jesus was born in one.  Jesus wants you to feast on this Glorious Truth!  He traded Glory for sin, so that you can trade your sin for Glory!  This is the true heart of CHRISTmas.  What a Glorious celebration!  What Love!!  What Joy!!  This is all I need this CHRISTmas.  It warms my heart infinitely.

Have a blessed CHRISTmas.


1 comments

That's the simple truth! We can't make it more simpler, and we daren't make it more complicated. It more than warms my heart, it renews it. Well done James

Post a Comment

Spiritual Blog of 2013!

Spiritual Blog of 2013!

Welcome to JamesPreston.org

Weekly Email Inspiration:

Enter Your Email for powerful inspiration:

FOLLOW JAMES:

James Interviews Mike Stopforth about Entrepreneurship:

James' Top Ten Movies:

James' Popular Blog Posts:

Search

James on Google Plus: